avocado recipes are increasingly popular due to their beneficial health properties. Avocado (or avocado pear) is the fruit of the avocado and has, in its composition, monounsaturated fats . This is called “good fat”, which protects the heart and helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides .
There are countless recipes with avocado that we can make, both doces and salgadas . From panquecas to chocolate mousses , through the famous guacamole , a typical Mexican sauce, the possibilities are diverse.
When choosing fruits, you should avoid buying them too green, in order to cut and consume them more easily. For certain recipes where the avocado is reduced to puree , the ideal is to buy it more ripe.
For those who do not appreciate the taste of this natural fruit, below are three simple and delicious avocado recipes, suggested by Anita Healthy.
- 1 Ripe avocado cut into pieces
- 50 g of natural Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 Whole egg + 3 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons of chocolate flavored whey protein
- 30 g gluten-free oat flakes
- 1 Pinch of pure powdered stevia
- Coconut oil q.b.
- Place the ingredients in a food processor and grind for approximately 3 minutes or until a homogeneous mixture is obtained;
- Heat a nonstick skillet with a little coconut oil;
- Place 2 tablespoons of the dough and form a pancake;
- Cook the pancake on both sides;
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mass.
These pancakes are a perfect avocado recipe for a breakfast, brunch or snack.
Homemade Green Guacamole
- 2 Ripe avocados cut into pieces
- 1 Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 Handful of spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- 5 Cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and grind for approximately 30 seconds, until a paste is obtained;
- Assess consistency and crush a little more if necessary.
Chocolate and Avocado Brownies
Ingredients (for the dough):
- 2 Avocados (small)
- 200 g of apple puree
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- ½ Cup of raw cocoa powder
- 100 g of coconut flour
- 4 Whole eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ Cup of slightly broken hazelnuts
- 1 Teaspoon of coconut oil
Ingredients (for the syrup):
- ½ Cup of cocoa butter
- 3 Tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- ½ Cup of coconut drink (unsweetened)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
Preparation of the dough:
- Preheat the oven to 180 o C and line a pan (20 x 20 cm) with parchment paper, greased with coconut oil;
- Process the avocado pulp and apple puree in the blender, together with honey;
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the puree obtained in the previous step;
- Add flour, coconut sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Stir well and then add the broken hazelnuts;
- Put the dough in the pan and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes. The dough should be cooked, but it should not dry too much;
- Allow the cake to cool slightly. Meanwhile, prepare the syrup.
Preparation of the syrup:
- Bring a pan to the heat with the cocoa butter, until it softens slightly;
- Lower the heat and add the coconut sugar, cocoa powder and finally the coconut drink;
- Stir continuously, for about 3 minutes, using a wire rod or fork, until uniform.
Finally, just chop the cake (with a toothpick or fork) and sprinkle with the syrup to make it very wet.
Not even the sweet tooth will resist! Who knew this is a recipe with avocado and other healthy ingredients?